Endgame C

Well, as of Saturday night there were over 1000 confirmed cases.

So nearly double since my first post on Thursday.

New restrictions were announced on Friday but also thousands of people packed Sydney’s beaches on Friday during a heat wave. So now Bondi Beach is clasped. (This is why we can’t have nice things)

I went to the gym yesterday morning, where class sizes had been drastically reduced. No more than 10 in spin class : 


We opted for takeaway for dinner, trying to support local business as long as we can. The waiter who handed us our food (and brought the credit card reader outside to us) asked us to stay well and look after ourselves.

Of course tomorrow morning I’ll get my bus to work as usual, and interact with probably over 100 people face to face. I understand the enormous cost that comes with closing schools but I’m not sure how ’social distancing’ applies with these numbers. I selfishly want to at least get through this week so my Drama students can perform their assessments. But our absentee rate is about 30% so group tasks are probably a thing of the past.

We’ll see what the news brings on Monday. Be well, stay safe. Wash your hands!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the moment I wake up

An American in Melbourne

adventures in real estate