not on lockdown

2404 confirmed cases.  7 deaths.

Today a parent told me her and her husband had both just lost their jobs. Suddenly the Strictly Ballroom presentation seemed insignificant. 

I know teachers have been unhappy and vocal, but I am very grateful to have a job.

Weddings have been postponed, funerals are reduced to no more than 10 people, and small businesses are unlikely to survive what the government says could be 6 months of severe social distancing.

Also I'm 5 points of contact away from a confirmed case now - the link between the case and my life has been cleared so that's more good news.

Let's remember despite being told to be alone that we're all in this together. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the moment I wake up

An American in Melbourne

adventures in real estate